Kadalai paruppu payasam
Kadalai paruppu payasam is made with channa dhal and jaggery. It is very easy to make. This payasam can be made for any festival.
Channa Dal or kadalai paruppu-3/4 cup
Powdered jaggery- 1 cup
Cardamom powder- A pinch
Milk – 1 cup
Water- To dissolve Jaggery
Ghee – 2 tsp
- Roast the dhal in half a tsp of ghee till you get a nice aroma.
- Dissolve the jaggery in water and filter it.
- Pressure cook the dhal. You can mash it if necessary.
- Heat the filtered jaggery water for five minutes.
- Add the dhal and allow it to boil till it becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder and milk. Allow it to cook for five more minutes and turn off the stove.