Kadalai paruppu payasam is made with channa dhal and jaggery. It is very easy to make. This payasam can be made for any festival.
Channa Dal or kadalai paruppu-3/4 cup
Powdered jaggery- 1 cup
Cardamom powder- A pinch
Milk – 1 cup
Water- To dissolve Jaggery
Ghee – 2 tsp
- Roast the dhal in half a tsp of ghee till you get a nice aroma.
- Dissolve the jaggery in water and filter it.
- Pressure cook the dhal. You can mash it if necessary.
- Heat the filtered jaggery water for five minutes.
- Add the dhal and allow it to boil till it becomes thick.
- Add cardamom powder and milk. Allow it to cook for five more minutes and turn off the stove.