Thatta payaru sundal is made on the festival days. It is an easy and simple recipe. Especially this is made for thai poosam along with the paanagam.
Thatta payaru (Cow peas)- 1 cup
Jaggery – 11/4 cup
Grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
Cardomom powder – A pinch
Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Soak the Cowpea in water for 6-8 hours/overnight.
- Drain the water and pressure cook it. It should not be mushy.
- In a kadai add the pressure cooked cowpeas and jaggery.
- Don’t add water.
- Allow the jaggery to melt and mix it well.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Finally add ghee and cardamom powder.