Jeera rice is a very simple and tasty rice that can be prepared in a few minutes. I first tasted this recipe in my brother’s house. My sister-in-law made this and I am in love with it. You can serve this with a simple raitha or any gravy that you make for roti. First I thought of making raitha but my hubby asked me to make any gravy. And I made Floating potato in paneer matar. He liked it and the rice tasted better with this gravy.
Rice – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Ghee – 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cardomom – 1
Bay leaf – 1
Mace – small piece
Marathi moggu – 1
Star anise – 1
Cinnamon – 1
Cloves – 3
Salt – As required
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee and melt it.
- Add Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, Cardomom, Bay leaf, Mace, Star anise, Cinnamon, Cloves and saute until you feel their aroma.
- Meanwhile soak the rice in water for ten minutes. Wash and drain the water.
- Add the rice to pressure cooker and saute until light brown.
- Now add water and mix with other ingredients.
- Finally add salt and mix well.
- Close the lid and pressure cook it.
- You can feel the aroma of jeera rice all over your kitchen once the first whisle comes.
- Serve it with raitha or any other gravy that you prepare for roti.