Gotsu is a side dish that goes well with Venpongal, and molagootal rice. Usually Amma and Paati makes puli inji or some thogayal as an accompaniment for molagootal rice. I learnt this recipe from my perima(Mom’s sister). She made this as a side dish for Gujarat kichadi. It tasted good and I tried this at …
Ragi is the common name for Finger – millet in South India. This is one of the most nutritious food and can easily be digested. They are rich in proteins, calcium, iron. It helps to keep the body cool. It is not season bound and cultivated throughout the year. The grain cannot be polished due to …
Vegetarians forgo the use of meat and they have to find an alternative to meet their nutritional needs. The soya chunks, derived from the soy bean work well as substitutes. They are rich source of protein. They are dry when you purchase them and they have to be reconstituted with water. So soak them in water before cooking. They absorb water, enlarge in size and becomes spongy. Basically they have no flavour but absorb the spices and other flavourings well. In the same way, Kabul channa is also rich in micro and macro nutrients. They are also a rich source of protein. So basically this recipe is a healthy one and hope you will enjoy it.
Rice – 1 cup
Nuggets– 1/2 cup
Kabul channa – 1/2 cup
Water – 3 cups
Milk – 1 cup
Ghee – 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cardomom – 1
Bay leaf – 1
Mace – small piece
Marathi moggu – 1
Star anise – 1
Cinnamon – 1
Cloves – 3
Salt – As required
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee and melt it.
- Add Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, Cardomom, Bay leaf, Mace, Star anise, Cinnamon, Cloves and saute until you feel their aroma.
- Soak the nuggets and channa in water in two separate bowls.
- Now add nuggets, kabul channa and saute for two minutes.
- Meanwhile soak the rice in water for ten minutes. Wash and drain the water.
- Add the rice to pressure cooker and saute until light brown.
- Now add water and milk and mix with other ingredients.
- Finally add salt and mix well.
- Close the lid and pressure cook it.
- You can feel the aroma of pulao all over your kitchen once the first whisle comes.
- Serve it with raitha or any other gravy that you prepare for roti.