Tofu, also called bean curd, is a food made by coagulating soy milk,and then pressing the resulting curds into soft white blocks.It is also called as Soy paneer. There are many different varieties of tofu, including fresh tofu and tofu that has been processed in some way. Tofu has a subtle flavor and can be used in savory and sweet dishes. It is rich in proteins and has little fat. it is also rich in iron and depending on the coagulant used in manufacturing, may also be high in calcium or magnesium.
Grated tofu – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Rose essence- 2 drops
- Grind the sugar into powder.
- Combine the tofu, sugar and rose essence in a deep bowl and knead very well.
- Divide the mixture into two equal portions.
- In one portion add yellow or orange food colour. Leave the other portion in white colour.
- Evenly spread the white portion of the tofu mixture on a small plate.
- Then spread the yelow portion of the tofu mixture over the white portion.
- Cut it into pieces.
- Refrigerate it.