Baby potatoes fry
Baby potatoes are potatoes that are taken from the soil before they are fully grown. They are used in making a variety of dishes with different culinary methods. But a very good method is to prick the potatoes to absorb the flavour.
Baby potatoes – 1/2 kg
Salt – As required
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Coconut oil – 4 tbsp
Cilantro – few chopped
Channa dhal – 2 tbsp
Coriander seeds – 4 tbsp
Red chillies – As required
- Wash the baby potatoes and cut into half.
- In a pan add enough water and cook the potatoes.
- After ten minutes, add salt and turmeric powder.
- Once the potatoes become soft, drain the remaining water.
- Grind the ingredients given under masala.
- Now add coconut oil, masala powder, asafoetida.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Garnish with cilantro.