I want to make something different and ended up in making this recipe. As we all know, tomato is an anti-oxidant and fights against cancer. It helps in reducing the blood cholesterol. Also it is a good antiseptic and the pigment improves eye – health. It helps in combating hypertension, urinary tract infections and is rich source of minerals and vitamins. Ooh everyone will be tired of reading this long intro.
Tomato puree- 1 cup
Sugar- 1 cup
All purpose flour -1/3 cup
Ghee- 4 Tbsp
Cashew, badam- few (break into pieces)
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel, add ghee, fry the cashews and badam.
- Once it turns brown add tomato puree and sugar
- Stir it continuously until the sugar gets blended with the puree.
- Now add the All purpose flour and mix well without forming lumps.
- Stir without leaving your hand until it thickens and reaches the right consistency.
- Now pour it in a greased plate, make pieces and enjoy with your loved ones.
Note: You can also use corn flour instead of All purpose flour.
Also your favourite essence can be used.