Jalfrezi is a Pakistani cuisine that involves frying marinated vegetable in oil to make dry, thick sauce. It is an Indian version of Chinese stir-fry made with curry spices. In Bengal, ‘Jhal’ means spicy hot. Jhal led to Jal. Some historians have asserted that Frezi is derived from the Urdu word ‘Parhezi’, Parhezi is a person with discriminating taste. All Jalfrezi dishes have visible onions, bell pepper, tomatoes. You can try jalfezi with any vegetables of your choice and name it vegetable jalfrezi :). Jalfrezi is great as stuffing for kathi roll or frankie… It can also be served with soft phulkas.
Baby Corn – 6
Paneer – 1 pkt
Big Onion – 1 small sized
Red/Yellow/Green Capsicum – 1 cup
Green peas – 1/2 cup
Corn- 1/2 cup
Tomato Sauce – 1 tbsp
Tomato – 2 Medium sized
Ginger – Garlic paste – 1 tsp(optional)
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
Roasted Jeera powder – 1/4 tsp
Water – 1/2 to 3/4 cup
Salt – to taste
Coriander Leaves – 1 tbsp finely chopped
Oil – 2 tsp
Jeera – 1/4 tsp
- Wash and cut the baby corn, panner and Capsicums into thin long strips. Chop the onions lengthwise. Make puree out of tomatoes.
- Add babycorn, required salt and add 1/2 cup water and let it boil till baby corn turns soft(not mushy, it should be cooked yet crunchy enough to bite).
- Similarly boil the peas and corn with salt and turmeric. Strain and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil – add jeera let it crackle then add ginger garlic paste and onion fry till slightly brown.
- Then add all the three coloured capsicums and all the masala powders.
- Then add tomato puree. Give a quick mix and allow them to cook.
- Once they are cooked, add peas, corn and baby corn.
- Finally add paneer, sauce and let it cook for 2mins for the masalas to blend well with paneer also.
- Then garnish with coriander leaves, stir once and switch off.
- Serve hot with roti or pulao or rice.
Please follow and like us:
Quesadilla(Prounouced as Kasadia) is a Mexican cuisine in which the tortilla(tortia) is filled with vegetables and cheese. Tortilla is a thin flatbread made from plain flour / wheat flour / corn flour in Mexico. If you are a non-vegetarian, you can also use meat as a stuffing. I am going to share the recipe for veg- paneer – cheese quesadilla. I came to know about this recipe from my younger brother. When he came for vacation, he made this recipe for us at home. It was so delicious and we all loved this dish. Later I learnt this recipe from my brother and made for my husband too. He too loved it and complimented my brother for introducing me to Mexican cuisine. His friends were also surprised to see a different dish.
Tortillas – 4
Fajita- 1 cup
Paneer – 100 gm (grated)
Mozzarella cheese – 200 gm (grated)
Mayonnaise – To spread
Butter – To cook
Salt – To taste
- Tortillas can be made at home but today I am going to use the readymade ones, my brother bought for me.
- Take a tortilla and apply mayonnaise in a semi circle or one half of the tortilla.
- Spread the mixed vegetables on the half and spread grated paneer and grated cheese. You can add cheese lavishly. This will give quesadilla better taste.
- Now close this with half of the tortilla and the quesadilla looks like a semi circle.
- Heat the skillet in medium flame and add dollop of butter. Place the quesadilla on it and cook until it turn golden brown. Cook on both the sides.
- Cut it into four and serve.
Please follow and like us: