Besan cheela or Veg omelette is a savoury pancake which is packed with proteins. It is very easy to make and healthy too. Though I shot this video two years back, missed to publish it. My amma has lot of recipe collections and this is from that collection. This was under the name veg omelette and later I came to know its actual name as besan cheela. Besan flour is packed with proteins and it is one of the healthy tiffin recipes. Ajwain heps in digestion and it is essential to add it. This is an instant tiffin recipe and can be made in a jiffy.
Besan flour – 1 cup
Tomato – 1/3 cup
Onion – 1/4 cup
Green chillies – 1/2 tbsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Ajwain – 1 tp
Turmeric powder – Apinch
Salt – As req
Coriander – few
Water – To make batter
- Chop each ingredients – onion,tomato, green chilli, coriander finely and keep aside.
- Take a bowl add besan flour into it. Into this add finely chopped onion, tomato, green chillies.
- Then add turmeric powder, garam masala powder, ajwain, required amount of salt for this recipe.
- Add water slowly to make the smooth batter without any lumps.
- The batter should neither be too thick nor be too watery.
- Finally add the fresh coriander leaves into the batter.
- Heat the skillet and sprinkle water to check the temperature. Wipe it with clean cloth.
- Now take a ladle of batter and spread gently to make dosai.
- Drizzle oil and cook. Flip and cook on the other side too.
- The besan cheela or veg omelette is ready.
- Serve it with tomato sauce or any green chutney.