Quesadilla(Prounouced as Kasadia) is a Mexican cuisine in which the tortilla(tortia) is filled with vegetables and cheese. Tortilla is a thin flatbread made from plain flour / wheat flour / corn flour in Mexico. If you are a non-vegetarian, you can also use meat as a stuffing. I am going to share the recipe for veg- paneer – cheese quesadilla. I came to know about this recipe from my younger brother. When he came for vacation, he made this recipe for us at home. It was so delicious and we all loved this dish. Later I learnt this recipe from my brother and made for my husband too. He too loved it and complimented my brother for introducing me to Mexican cuisine. His friends were also surprised to see a different dish.
Tortillas – 4
Fajita- 1 cup
Paneer – 100 gm (grated)
Mozzarella cheese – 200 gm (grated)
Mayonnaise – To spread
Butter – To cook
Salt – To taste
- Tortillas can be made at home but today I am going to use the readymade ones, my brother bought for me.
- Take a tortilla and apply mayonnaise in a semi circle or one half of the tortilla.
- Spread the mixed vegetables on the half and spread grated paneer and grated cheese. You can add cheese lavishly. This will give quesadilla better taste.
- Now close this with half of the tortilla and the quesadilla looks like a semi circle.
- Heat the skillet in medium flame and add dollop of butter. Place the quesadilla on it and cook until it turn golden brown. Cook on both the sides.
- Cut it into four and serve.