Baking bread and cakes using multigrain flour and whole wheat is always a healthier option than using plain flour/ All purpose flour. This is my first experiment with wheat flour. Using whole wheat flour, bananas, cane sugar makes this bread a healthy one. Also we can make it very easily without much effort. It will be loved by kids as well as adults.I made this and gave it to my uncle’s family. They liked it and said that they haven’t tasted a bread like this. Yes!!! you can feel the aroma of banana while baking and its taste while eating it. Make this and surprise your family.
Ripe Bananas -3 (small) / 2 (big)
Oil – 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Sugar/Cane sugar – 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour – 1.5 cups
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Baking powder – 1.5 tsp
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius. Heat both the top and bottom elements.
- Grease the pan in which you are going to bake.
- Wash, peel and cut the bananas. Grind them it to a fine paste or mash it well with a masher.
- Once the bananas are mashed well, add cane sugar and mix well. The mixture will become slightly watery.
- To this add Vanilla extract or essence for flavour.
- Then add oil and mix it well so that the banana puree gets blended well with the oil.
- The next step is to sift the dry ingredients like whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder. We can sift it 5 to 6 times before mixing it well with the wet ingredients. Or we can also sift it directly into the wet ingredients.
- Now sift the wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder into the bowl where we have wet ingredients.
- Mix it well using cut and fold method. Do it until the ingredients are mixed well.
- Transfer it to a greased pan and it is ready to bake.
- Now bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 45 minutes. The timing varies from oven to oven. Insert a toothpick and check if it comes out clean. This will help you to know if it is baked or not.
- After baking, cut it into slices and serve with tea or coffee.