Boost barfi is a soft fudge that can be made easily without much strain. I have heard a lot about bournvita cake or chocolate cake. I wanted to try with boost and made this fudge. It is made with minimum ingredients like maida / all purpose flour, sugar and boost. Without much write up we will go to the recipe directly.
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Boost – 1/4 cup
Ghee – 1/8-1/4 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Water – As required
- Take a pan, add ghee and maida/ all purpose flour.
- Roast the all purpose flour in the ghee until you get a nice aroma. It forms a semi dough. Keep it aside.
- In a vessel take boost and dissolve it in water without any lumps.
- Take a pan and add sugar. To this add water and allow it to boil.
- It should form one string consistency. To check this take 2 drops of syrup between your index finger and thumb. Open the index finger and thumb opposite to each other and you will see a string of syrup coming up.
- At this stage, add boost mixture and roasted all purpose flour. Mix it evenly with the sugar syrup.
- Now turn of the flame and start stirring continuously until it thickens.
- Grease a pan and pour the barfi mixture onto the tray.
- Allow it to cool and make pieces
Note: I have added one and a half cup of sugar and found it too sweet. So reduce it to one cup of sugar.
And stir only after turning off the stove.