Verum means – only, arisi means rice,so as the name means this recipe has only rice as its ingredient. This is a kind of adai/dosai that is made at home.In Karnataka they make Neer dosai with raw rice. Adding the shredded coconut to the batter makes it more delicious. This is one of the tiffin items that is made regularly at home.
Boiled rice / Idli rice – 2 cups
Salt – To taste
Shredded Coconut – As required
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 6hours or overnight.
- Drain the water in a separate vessel and grind the soaked rice with salt. We can also add salt after grinding the batter.
- Now and then sprinkle some water to make it to grind easily.
- Grind until the batter is smooth. Refrigerate it.
- When you are ready to have it, take the batter and make it to right consistency by adding some water. Add the shredded coconut and mix it with the batter.
- In a tava, take 1 ladle of the batter and pour it from the outer circle. Like dosai and adai, ther is no need to spread it with the ladle.
- Drizzle coconut oil and allow it to cook .
- Then turn it to the other side and cook in the same way.
- The verumarisi adai remains white unlike dosai. I like to have it with veppilai katti+curd or dosai milagai podi. You can serve it with any gravy of your choice.