Idli podi / Dosai milagai podi is a coarse mixture of ground dry spices. It can be prepared and stored for three months. When we feel lazy to make side dish for idli, dosai, adai you can mix this powder with oil and use as a side dish. I personally love to eat his with curd rice /rasam rice too. Make this and enjoy!!!!
Urad dhal – 1 cup
Channa dhal – 1/2 cup
Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Red chillies – 8 or Red chilli powder as req
Salt – As required
- Measure all the ingredients and keep separately.
- Keep the red chillies in the hot sun for few minutes. So that it can be fried easily without taking much time.
- Fry all the ingredients to golden brown one by one.
- While frying the red chillies add one drop of oil so that you wont start sneezing while doing that. Instead you can also add red chilli powder directly.
- Allow the ingredients to cool for 5 minutes.
- Later grind the ingredients in the mixie.
- Yummy idli podi / dosai milagai podi is ready.
Note: This can be mixed with gingelley oil or coconut oil and can be used as a side dish for dosai, idli, adai.