Atta halwa / Wheat halwa is one of the easiest halwa recipes that can be made with very few ingredients. I have seen my mom and grandmom making this during my childhood days. You can make this sweet in ten minutes if you are making it in less quantity.
Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 cup
Ghee – 1/4 cup
Cashews – few
Raisins – few
- Add water in a vessel and boil.
- Once they started to boil, add sugar. Stir continuously until they dissolve. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add ghee and roast cashews and raisins.
- Once they turn golden brown in colour, add the wheat flour and roast well.
- The wheat flour changes in colour and you can feel nice aroma.
- At this stage, add the sugar syrup slowly.
- Stir continuously and make sure there are no lumps.
- The halwa thickens and the ghee will start oozing out.
- Serve hot.