Coconut rice is one of the mast easy recipes that can be prepared in a jiffy. We usually prepare this for aadi perukku and maattu pongal. This is a simple tiffen box dish. Using coconut oil instead of other oils will enhance its flavour.
Rice – 1 1/2 cup
Coconut – 3/4 cup
Sugar- 1 tsp
Salt- To taste
Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard- 1 tsp
Channa dhal-1 tsp
Urad dhal-1 tsp
Curry leaves- few
Red Chilli – 4
- Pressure cook the rice and keep aside.
- Grate the coconut and
- In a kadai, add coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds. Once they crack, add channa dhal, urad dhal, curry leaves, red chilli and peanuts. Saute until they turn brown.
- Then add the grated coconut and saute for a minute.
- Add sugar, salt and mix well.
- Finally add the cooked rice, coconut oil and mix well.
- Yummy coconut rice is ready. Serve with papad or fryums.
Note: You an also add onions and cashew.