Sabudhana kichadi is made during fasting days like Navarathri,. Mahashivarathri, Ekadasi. I started making this recipe after I got married. When I was chatting with my mom, I told her that I was bored with regular tiffin items and wanted to try something new. She suggested me this recipe. After that this has become a regular tiffin item in my house. We have this recipe for breakfast as well as for dinner. You can make this recipe during navarathri and can serve it to your friends. A different one from the sundal.
Sabudhana – 1 cup
Cooked potatoes- 1/2 cup
Crushed peanuts- 1/4 cup
Salt – To taste
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger- 1 tbsp(juliennes)
Green chillies- 2 (lengthwise)
Curry leaves – few
- Wash and soak the Sabudhana for 4 hours.
- Drain the water and keep the sabudhana aside.
- In a kadai, add ghee, cumin seeds and saute for a minute. Then add the green chillies, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute for a minute. Add salt and mix well.
- Add cooked and chopped potatoes, little water and allow it to cook until the potatoes absorb salt.
- Add soaked sabudhana and mix well. stir until they turn translucent.
- Stir gently and make sure that the sabudhana donot stick to each other. Add ghee in between.
- Finally garnish with crushed peanuts. The crunchy peanuts will make the sabudhana kichadi more delicious.