Mint & Peas pulao is one of the easy recipes, that can be made in a jiffy. This is the first pulao for which I took the video, added my audio both in tamil and english.So I welcome all your feedback and help me to improve the quality even better. I thank one of the leading Tamil Magazines for giving me feedback and their encouragement for adding my audio too. Now let’s go for the recipe.
Rice- 1 cup
Mint – 1 cup
Peas- 1 cup
Chopped Onion – 1 cup
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 5
Green chillies- 3
Butter- 2 tsp
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
Cloves – 4
Cardamom – 3
Star anise- 1
- Soak the rice for half an hour in water.
- In a pan, add butter, then add all the spices like cinnamon, clove, cardamom, star anise and cashews. Saute them until you get nice aroma.
- Now add the green chillies, finely chopped giner and garlic and saute until you get aroma.
- Now add the chopped onions and saute them till they turn light brown.
- Add peas and mint. The mint will start to shrink and you can feel the smell of the mint leaves.
- Drain the water and add the soaked rice and mix well with other ingredients.
- Transfer it to another vessel and add water.
- Pressure cook in high flame till you get one whistle and in low flame until you get second whistle.
- Yummy pulao is ready.
- Serve it with raita.