Manga kari is one of the favourite pickles for me and my brother. We can just sit and eat it with tea or coffee. It is very easy to make but very tasty. Normally I hate curd rice. But if I come to know that amma has made this pickle, definitely I will include curd rice in my plate.
Semi ripened mango – 2 Nos(Thothapuri/Kilimooku mangai)
Red chilli powder- 4 tbsp
Asafoetida- 1 tsp
Salt – To taste
Gingelley oil-1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Wash and cut the mangoes into small pieces.
- Place it in a bowl and add all the spice powders.
- Toss well so that they get blend with the chopped mangoes.
- Finally splutter mustard seeds in the oil and temper it. Mix well.
- The pickle goes best with curd rice.