Ajwain biscuit or Omam biscuit as it is popularly called in tamil, is one of the common biscuits in the market. This is also called as Baby teething biscuit. I love the flavor and the taste of this biscuit. You can feel the aroma of carom seeds everywhere inside the house. and this is very easy to make.
All purpose flour – 125 gm
Margarine – 50 gm
Milk powder – 13 gm
Icing Sugar – 38 gm
Custard powder – 13 gm
Milk – 63 gm
Carom seeds/ Ajwain – 3 gm
- Weigh all purpose flour, milk powder, custard powder, icing sugar and mix well.
- Weigh margarine and smoothen it well with spatula. Finally add milk, ajwain to the dry ingredients.
- Knead it well with the hands to form a dough.
- Take small amount of dough and shape them as oval sticks.
- Place the butter paper on the baking tray. Arrange the shaped dough on the tray.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degree celsius for 3 minutes.
- Bake the biscuits at 140 degree celsius for 20 minutes or until they are baked.
- Allow it to cool and tore them in an air-tight container.