I had unsweetened khoya which I bought to make some North Indian gravies at home. Also I had some pecans at home. Though pecans resemble walnut, they can be differentiated from walnuts. Pecans are dark brown in colour and oblong shaped. I used these two ingredients and tried to make a cake. Since I had my newly bought bundt mould, I used that to make this cake.
All Purpose flour – 1 1/4 cups
Sugar – 1/2 cup+ 3 tbsp
Khoya/ Mawa(unsweetened) – 1 cup
Milk – 1 1/4 cup
Baking powder – 2 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Pecans – 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
- Bring the khoya|mawa to room temperature.
- Blend the khoya with milk and butter in a mixie.
- Sieve the flour with baking soda and baking powder.
- Add sugar, pecans, cardamom to the khoya milk mixture and blend it well.
- Now add the blended mixture with the sifted flour .
- The cake batter is ready to bake.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius for 5 minutes.
- Grease the bundt cake pan and transfer this cake mixture to the pan and bake it for 40 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow this to cool and after 10 mins carefully invert the pan and take out the cake.
- Cut it into pieces and serve.