I wanted to make something unique, healthy and easy that can be made in a jiffy. I had two options – orange cake / carrot cake. Finally I decided to make carrot cake. This recipe is very easy to make and needs very less time. It has wheat flour and carrots as main ingredients. I made it one evening and Krish was surprised to see this and we both loved this cake.
Wheat flour – 1 1/4 cups
Curd – 1 cup
Grated carrot – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Oil – 1/4 cup + 2tblsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda (Sodium bi carbonate) – 1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
Salt – A pinch
- Measure wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sieve them in a bowl.
- Wash, peel and grate the carrot. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix sugar, curd, vanilla essence and oil.
- Now mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Finally add the grated carrot and mix well with the batter.
- Now the batter is ready to be poured in the cake pan.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius for 3 minutes. Linen the cake tray with butter paper.
- Pour the batter in the cake tray till 3/4th of it.
- Bake the carrot cake for 30 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake, and remove it from the cake tray.
- Store it in the room temperature for 2 days.
Please follow and like us: