As usual I was bored with the regular food and was craving for something yummy and delicious. I thought of making white sauce pasta and later took it to the next step of baking it. Nowadays I love to bake not only cakes and cookies but also other recipes. This is the first recipe I tried apart from the above. We had it for the dinner. The melted cheese in between the pasta gave it an unique taste. Also it is very filling. And it is better to have for the lunch. And yes!!! After a long time I am writing a story for my recipe. My husband is asking me evertime why am I not writing a long story for the recipes. So this story is specially for him.. Krish, hope you are happy now!!!
Pasta – 2 cups
Water – 3 cups
American Corn – 1/2
Red Bell pepper – 2 tbsp
Yellow Bell Pepper – 2 tbsp
Green Bell Pepper – 2 tbsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Cheese – To Garnish
Butter – 1 tbsp
Plain flour – 2 tbsp
Milk – 2 cups
Oregano – 1 tsp
Chopped Garlic – 1 tsp
Red Chilli – 1 / Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
- Boil the water and add Pasta into it. Add a drop of oil so that they wont stick together.
- Once the pasta has been cooked, drain the water and keep aside. If you allow the pasta to cook some more time, it will become mushy.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk gradually and cook no a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sauce is thick, while stirring continuously.
- Cut the red chilli into small bits so that you can use it as chilli flakes.
- Add the oregano, chili flakes, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
Pasta in White Sauce
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the sweet corn kernels, Red, Yellow, Green Bell pepper and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and keep aside.
- Now add the cooked Pasta and mix it well with the Vegetables.
- Add half the quantity of white sauce, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Keep it aside.
- Grease a cake pan.
- Arrange a layer of cooked white pasta.
- Now add a layer of prepared white sauce. Spread evenly over the white pasta.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Again add a layer of pasta, white sauce and Mozarella cheese. Cover it with the grated cheese.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 deg Celsius. And bake it at 150 Deg Celsius until the Mozarella cheese melts an the top layer turns brown.
- Serve hot.