Mint Vegetable Biriyani is one of the recipes you can make it in a jiffy. It contains most of the vegetables that is coated in mint paste. Though I have posted the recipe for Vegetable Biriyani, this tasted totally different. Krish and I loved it. You can eat this with any raitha.
Basmathi Rice – 1 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Onion – 1
Tomato – 1 small
Carrot, Beans, Potato, Green peas- 1 1/2 cup
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp (or) Green Chilli – 2
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
Mint leaves – 1 handful
Coriander leaves – few
Ginger – 1 inch
Garlic – 5 cloves
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Clove – 2
Cinnamon stick – 1 inch
- Wash and soak the rice for 30 min.
- Meanwhile chop the vegetables, onion, tomato into small pieces.
- Grind mint, garlic, ginger and fennel seeds. You can also add green chilli if you wish. Use little water from soaking for grinding. Donot add extra water.
- In a Pressure cooker add ghee and saute cardamom, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Then add the chopped onions and saute until translucent. Once they turn light brown add chopped tomatoes. Saute for few minutes.
- Now add the ground mint paste and saute until the raw smell of the garlic disappear.
- Add the chopped vegetables and mix it with the masala paste. Let the vegetables get coated with the paste.
- Now add the soaked rice. Leave the water aside. Saute the rice for 2 minutes. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Now add the measured quantity of water. Pressure cook for 1 whisle.
- Then cook it in low flame for 7 to 10 minutes. The yummy Biriyani is ready to serve.
- I had this with Cucumber raitha.