Italian rolls is the first recipe I made using my New OTG. With a bit of fear and excitement I made this recipe. This is a simple and easy rolls that can be made in one hour. I thank my friend for teaching me this recipe. io distributed this rolls to my neighbours and they too loved it. Waiting to experiment more and more with my OTG. Hope you will enjoy this recipe.
All Purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups
Dry yeast – 1 tsp+1/8 tsp (or)
Wet yeast – 2 tsp+ 1/4 tsp
Warm milk- 1/2 cup + 1/8 cup
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Butter- 1 1/2 tbsp
Vanilla essence- 1/2 tsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Raisins/ Tuti-Fruti/Orange marmalade
- Dissolve the yeast in warm milk. Allow it to mix well.
- In a bowl add All purpose flour, sugar, salt, butter, Vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the yeast mixture and knead it well into a smooth dough.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, close the lid and allow it to ferment for 30- 45 minutes.
- If you check the dough after 30 min, it would have doubled in volume.
- The dough is ready.
All purpose flour – 1/4 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Butterscotch essence – 1 tsp
Yellow food colour – A pinch
Butter – 1/2 tbsp
Salt – A pinch
- Mix the flour with half the quantity of milk without lumps. Keep aside.
- Heat rest of the quantity of milk with sugar, salt, essence and food colour.
- When it boils, add the flour mixture.
- Stir continuously in medium flame until it thickens.
- Allow it to cool.
- Soak the raisins for 30 min in water.
- Take the dough and roll it out evenly like a roti.
- Take the pastry cream and apply it over the rolled out dough. Leave half inch on all the sides.
- Then, roll it tightly and gently. It will look like a log.
- Cut it into half inch thickness.
- Place one raisin on top of each disc.
- Apply butter on the baking tray and arrange the discs on it.
- Pre heat the oven at 200 degree Celsius for 5 minutes.
- Bake the rolls at 175 degree celsius for 20- 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush it with butter.
- The rolls will stay for 4 to 5 days. You can refrigerate it.