I learnt to make white sauce from one of my cousins. White Sauce can be used as a base for many recipes. It is made with plain flour, butter and milk. It act as a base for soups, can be used in making creamy pastha, sandwiches etc., You can pair this sauce with vegetables.
Butter – 1 tbsp
Plain flour – 2 tbsp
Milk – 2 cups
Bell peppers- 1/2 cup
Corn kernels- 3 tbsp
Oregano – 1 tsp
Chopped Garlic – 1 tsp
Red Chilli – 1 / Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
Black Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – To taste
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the plain flour and cook on a slow flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk gradually and cook no a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sauce is thick, while stirring continuously.
- Cut the red chilli into small bits so that you can use it as chilli flakes.
- Add the bell peppers and corn kernels. Cook for sometime.
- Add the oregano, chili flakes, cheese, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.