Chaats are the savoury snacks served on the road side and is liked by people of all ages. Whether it is Bhel puri, Dahi puri, Papdi chaat, Pav Bhaji or any other chaat, you need three chutneys as a basic ingredient. If you keep these chutneys ready, then it is very easy to make all type of chaats at home. Since this is a vacation time for children, instead of eating on the roadside, we can prepare at home which is obviously hygienic. So here are the three chutneys- Spicy chutney, Green chutney and Sweet chutney for the chaats.
Garlic – 1 cup
Red Chilli powder – 1 tbsp
Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – To taste
- Separate the Garlic into individual cloves and remove the skin.
- Grind them into a fine paste.
- In a kadai, add oil and saute the ground garlic paste.
- When the oil separates, add the red chilli powder, salt and mix well.
- The hot and spicy chutney for chat is ready.
Coriander – 1 bunch
Mint leaves – 1/2 bunch
Raw Mango – 1/2
Green Chillies – 6
Ginger – 1 inch size
Garlic – 1
Salt – To Taste
- Wash and remove the dirt in coriander and mint leaves. Chop them roughly.
- Chop the mango into big pieces.
- Grind all the above ingredients together.
- Green chutney or Coriander chutney is ready.
Dates – 2 cups
Tamarind – Lemon size
Jaggery – 1 handful
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 2tsp
- Pressure cook the tamarind and dates.
- Grind the dates into a fine paste.
- Extract juice from tamarind.
- In a kadai, allow the tamarind juice to cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the dates paste, jaggery and mix them well. The light brown colour changes to reddish orange colour.
- In another pan, add oil and splutter cumin seeds and add red chilli powder. Pour them into tamarind dates syrup.
- Cook everything for five more minutes.
- Sweet chutney is ready.