Sweet dosa is one of my favourite tiffin from my childhood days. My amma or paati makes this at home during my school days. This recipe is made with wheat flour and jaggery. Though I tried to make this after my wedding, the dosa didnot come out well. But when I went to my place, I got a chance to learn this recipe. Yes!!! The dosa came out very well and it was delicious.
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
Cardamom powder – A pinch
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Mix jaggery in 3/4 cup of water. Add the remaining 1/4 cupof water later to adjust the consistency. Strain it and heat the jaggery water.
- Turn off the stove and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add wheat flour and rice flour in the jaggery water and mix well without forming any lumps.
- Finally add cardamom powder and ghee.
- Heat the tawa and grease it with ghee.
- In a small cup mix ghee and oil to drizzle it around the dosa.
- Once the tawa gets heated, add a ladle of batter in a circular motion.
- Make small dosa and drizzle the ghee- oil mixture around the dosa. Cook it in low flame.
- When the corners starts lifting up, flip the dosa to the other side and drizzle ghee-oil mixture.
- Serve the dosa hot. You donot need any side dish for this recipe.
- However it tastes best when served hot with butter or ghee.