Adai is made out of rice and lentils. Usually we make adai with all types of dhal and lentils. But the Karthigai adai differs from the normal one. It has pepper and cumin seeds with some chopped coconut in it.
Boiled rice – 1 cup
Urad dhal – 1/4 cup
Pepper – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – few
Finely chopped coconut – 2 tbsp
Salt – To taste
- Take all these ingredients, wash and soak in water for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the water and keep aside.
- Grind all the ingredients in the grinder or mixie coarsely.
- Sprinkle water when required. But donot add too much of water.
- Add few curry leaves and chopped coconut. Mix well.
- The adai batter is ready.
- In a tava, add 1 ladle of the batter and spread it evenly in round shape.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil/ghee and allow it to cook till golden brown.
- Then turn it to the other side and cook in the same way.
- It goes best with Dosai milagai podi.