Fried rice is a recipe in which the steamed rice is stir fried in a pan after mixing with either eggs, meat or vegetables. I learnt this recipe from one of my friends. Usually for biriyani and pulao we cook the vegetables and rice together. But for the fried rice, we pressure cook the rice and then stir fry it with the vegetables. The main advantage that I find in this recipe is we can prepare the vegetables separately and can stir fry it with the rice five minutes before we serve.
For the vegetable mixture
Carrot – 2
Potato – 2
Beans – 20
Capsicum – 1/2
Cabbage – 1/4
Green chillies – 2
Onion – 1 big
Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder- 2 tsp
Salt- To taste
- Pressure cook the rice separately and keep aside.
- Wash, remove the skin of onion, potato and carrot. Chop them lengthwise(1 inch length) and keep aside.
- Wash and cut the beans to inch length. Also chop the cabbage lengthwise.
- In a kadai, add the butter and saute the onion until it becomes translucent.
- Add other vegetables and saute in frequent intervals.
- Once they become tender, add soya sauce, tomato sauce, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder.
- Mix well and transfer it to another vessel.
- Now add almost equal quantities of rice and vegetable mixture in a kadai and toss the pan.
- If required add the tomato sauce and salt.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
- You can also grate cheese and serve.