Badham Halwa is a rich dessert that does not require too much of ingredits. Also the method of preparing it is very easy. But a lot of patience is required to peel off the skin. Since I soaked the alomonds only for two hours, it took me an hour to peel them off. When I told my mom, she said soaking it overnight will make the skin to fall off automatically. So if you have the plan to make badham halwa, soak the almonds overnight.
Almonds – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Food colour – A pinch
Rose essence – A drop
- Soak the almonds in water for 3 hours or even overnight.
- Drain the water and peel off the skin.
- Grind it to a smooth paste.
- In a kadai, add water and sugar. Prepare the sugar syrup of one string consistency.
- Add the rose essence and food colour into it.
- Finally add the ground badam paste and stir well.
- Stir it continuously until it thickens . Pous it into a plate or another vessel.
- Serve it hot or cold.