Gajrela is a popular Punjabi dessert which is also called as Ghajar ka Halwa. It is a rich Indian dessert made with fresh carrots, milk, butter, sugar and nuts. When I visited my sister’s place once, my brother in law made this sweet and it was mouthwatering. From then on, I wished to make this at home but I didnot. Again I had an idea of making when ‘Krish’ asked me to make this for him . It made me to prepare this delicious dessert at home. Sssshhhhh!!!!! I am going to surprise him with gajrela.
Grated Carrot – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Butter – 1 tbsp
Cashew – To garnish
- In a pan add butter and fry the cashews.
- Add the grated carrot and sugar into the pan.
- Saute it for five minutes. This allows the carrot and sugar to get blend with each other.
- Add milk into the pan and stir continuously.
- The mixture will thickens and will start leaving the sides.
- Transfer it to a bowl and serve either chilled or hot.