Ring murukku is always a tempting savoury for me because of its shape. There are a lot of method of making this recipe. When I visited my sister in laws blog made this without using moong dhal. Adjusting the flame helps in getting a crispy murukku.
Rice flour – 1 cup
Urad dhal flour – 1 tbsp
Moong dhal – 1 tbsp
Water – 1 cup
Butter – 1 tbsp
Sesame- 1 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the butter and melt it. To this add the cumin seeds and sesame.
- Saute it till golden brown.
- Add the moong dhal and saute it for two minutes.
- To this add water and cook for five to ten minutes. Add hing, salt and red chilli powder into the pan.
- Finally add urad dhal flour and rice flour and make it to a thick dough.
- Now take small balls and roll them like threads. Join their ends to form a ring.
- Deep fry them in hot oil until they are golden brown in colour.
- Adjust the flame from medium to high to make crispy murukku.