Green peas pulao with grated cheese is quickly prepared, quickly eaten nutritious recipe. It is a favourite kiddie food and has a right balance of spices. Though I have posted the recipe for peas pulao in my earlier post, this is completely different from that. ‘K’ and I liked this version a lot… Also it is one of the best lunch box recipe.
Rice – 1 cup
Green peas – 50 gms
Onions – 2 small
Garlic – 3 cloves
Ginger – A small piece
Curry leaves – few
Coriander – few chopped
Green chilli – 1
Kitchen King Masala – 3 tsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Butter – 2 tbsp
Salt – To taste
- In a pressure cooker, add butter and ghee.
- Finely chop the onions, garlic cloves, ginger, coriander leaves, green chilles and curry leaves.
- Add all the above into the cooker and saute until the onions turn light brown.
- Ad the kitchen king masala, salt and green peas and mix well. Saute until the raw smell goes off.
- Now add the rice and mix well. Finally add the measured quantity of water and close the lid.
- Pressure cook it for 6 whistles.
- Garnish it with grated cheese before serving.
- Serve it with raitha or vadam or tomato sauce.