Coriander is an essential ingredient in Indian cooking. They are used in garnishing almost all the recipes. Coriander rice is an easy, simple, quick and flavourful recipe that can be made with less ingredients. It is also a perfect tiffin box recipe and can be served with raitha or papad variety or chips.
Rice – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Coriander – A bunch
Ghee – 4 tbsp
Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cardomom – 1
Bay leaf – 1
Mace – small piece
Marathi moggu – 1
Star anise – 1
Cinnamon – 1
Cloves – 3
Salt – As required
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee and melt it.
- Add Cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, Cardomom, Bay leaf, Mace, Star anise, Cinnamon, Cloves and saute until you feel their aroma.
- Chop the coriander into small bits.
- Grind the coriander with the above spices.
- Meanwhile soak the rice in water for ten minutes. Wash and drain the water.
- In a pressure cooker add some ghee, cumin seeds and the ground paste. Saute them for a minute.
- Add the rice to pressure cooker and saute until light brown.
- Now add water and mix with other ingredients.
- Finally add salt and mix well.
- Close the lid and pressure cook it.
- You can feel the aroma of coriander rice all over your kitchen once the first whisle comes.
- Serve it with raitha.