Rava Kesari is one of the common sweets made in my home in regular intervals. Mostly my mom makes this on Sunday evenings with hot pakoda and coffee. Also this is made as a neiveydyam when we are bored of making payasam. This is the all time favourite sweet for me and my second uncle. This sweet occupies a place in one of the events. When a groom’s family visit the bride’s house for the first to see the bride, they make kesari and bajji and an evening snack. Also this is made in weddings. I made this on K’s ( my hubby) birthday and he liked it. To my surprise he also packed some
to his office and shared with his friends. Though I have made it many times only this time I had the patience take the snap of it. Make it and enjoy with your family.
Rava (Sooji)- 1 cup
Sugar- 2 cups
Water- 2.5 cups
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Cashews, Raisins- few
Food Colour – A pinch
- In a frying pan add 2 tbsp ghee and fry the raisins and cashews until they are golden brown and keep them aside.
- Now fry the sooji in the same pan. Its colour should change slightly and not to brown. Keep it aside.
- Now add the water and sugar. Also add a pinch of food colour(Kesar colour or yellow). Allow it to boil.
- Now add the fried sooji and stir it continuously until it thickens.
- Add 4 tbsp of ghee to make it soft.
- Finally garnish it with cashews and raisins. You will find it yummy.