Verum means – only, arisi means rice,so as the name means this recipe has only rice as its ingredient. This is a kind of adai/dosai that is made at home. The flavour of it is heightened when a small pices of coconut is added to the batter. This is one of the tiffin items that is made regularly at home.
Boiled rice – 3 cups
Salt – To taste
Coconut pieces – few
- Was and soak the rice in water for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water in a separate vessel and grind the soaked rice with salt.
- Now and then sprinkle some water to make it to grind easily.
- Grind until the batter is smooth. Refrigerate it.
- When you are ready to have it, take the batter and make it to right consistency by adding some water. Also cut the coconut into small pieces and mix it with the batter.
- In a tava, take 1 ladle of the batter and pour it from the outer circle. Like dosai and adai, ther is no need to spread it with the ladle.
- Add /2 tsp oil/ghee and allow it to cook .
- Then turn it to the other side and cook in the same way.
- The verumarisi adai remains while unlike dosai. i like to have it with veppilai katti+curd or dosai milagai podi.