Chambakka, a bell-shaped fruit that can be called with many names.We have this tree in our backyard. To see the red fruits with green leaves is a very good sight-seeing for me.This has got a lot of health benefits. You can make a lot of recipes out of this and today I am going to give you the recipe for chambakka thogayal.
Chambakka -1 cup
Coconut – 1/2 cup
Curry leaves – few
Green chilli – 3
Salt – As per taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Wask the chambakka and remove the seeds. Cut it into small pieces.
- Add oil in a kadai and then add the chopped chambakka. Saute it well so that the raw taste will disappear.
- Then add green chilli and saute it for two minutes.
- Grind the ingredients with salt, grated coconut, curry leaves. Sprinkle little water to blend it well.
- Then add oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- You can mix this with rice or can be used as a side dish for dosai and chappathi.