Paruppu podi is a blend of roasted spices and lentils and is full of flavour and aroma. When you are tired of making sambar or rasam, you can mix this powder with the rice and eat. It is also a healthy one. My brother is always fond of this powder. So whenever he comes amma makes this at home. This time its my turn to make this.
Toor dhal – 3 cups
Horse gram – 1 cup
Cumin seeds – 2 tbsp
Black peppercorns- 2 tbsp
Red chilli – 2
Salt – To taste
- Measure all the ingredients and keep separately.
- Fry all the ingredients to golden brown one by one.
- While frying the red chillies add one drop of oil so that you wont start sneezing while doing that.
- Allow the ingredients to cool for 5 minutes.
- Later grind the ingredients together in the mixie.
- Paruppu podi is ready.
- To the hot rice, add 2 tsp paruppu podi and a drop of ghee. Mix it and eat.