Curry Leaves powder or karivepillai podi is a dry version of the curry leaves thogayal.It can be stored for a longer period and it is easy to carry when you are travelling. Karuvepillai=Karu+ Vepillai…. this leaves act as a vepillai to uterus and helps to get rid of irregular periods. It is rich in iron. So it is advised to include a lot of curry leaves in our diet. It is also a super good remedy for hair fall and helps in maintaining black hair. My mannima(Mom’s mom) makes this regularly at home. She retained black hair even at the age of 83 when she died. Is this the secret behind that? Let me also eat this regularly and find it out. Thank you for the recipe Mannima….
Curry leaves – A bunch
Channa dhal – 3/4 cup
Urad dhal – 3/4 cup
Tamarind – A small piece
Jaggery – A small piece
Red chilli – 4 Nos
Salt – To taste
Asafoetida – A pinch
- Measure all the ingredients and keep separately.
- Fry all the ingredients to golden brown one by one.
- While frying the red chillies add one drop of oil so that you wont start sneezing while doing that.
- Allow the ingredients to cool for 5 minutes.
- Later grind the roasted ingredients in the mixie.
- Curry leaves powder is ready.