Pista burfi is basically maida (All purpose flour) cake since it is a main ingredient for this recipe. It is an easy and quick to make sweet for the beginners.
All purpose flour – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Water – 3/4 cup
Ghee – 4 tbsp
Pista syrup – 3 drops
Tuti-fruti – few
- In a shallow pan, add the ghee and all purpose flour.Fry it evenly to light brown colour.
- Take another pan , add water and sugar into it.
- Once the sugar dissolves completely, add pista syrup and tuti-fruti into it.
- Keep it in medium flame make the syrup to one string consistency.
- Turn off the stove and add the fried flour into the syrup and stir it continuously. YES!!! It should be done off the flame.
- At one stage they form swirls and starts leaving from the side. After this you have to stir for two to three more minutes.
- After that pour the mixture into a greased plate and spread well.
- Allow it to cool or five minutes and cut it into pieces.