Spicy sweet corn is a healthy, colourful and easy recipe that can be prepared in a jiffy. As the name indicates it is sweet as well as spicy. Sweet corn is different from an ordinary corn. You will get this in almost all the departmental stores. Since this corn is sweet by nature, adding the spicy items will give it an unique flavour. Whenever I go out with my dad and mom, they will get me this. They charge us Rs 10 for a small cup of spicy sweet corn. So I thought of trying this at home and it came out good. Both amma and appa liked it. If you can prepare at home very easily and can eat a large quantity then who will like to have this in shops!!!! It is one of the best evening snacks and you will enjoy this more during rainy season.
Sweet corn – 1
Masala papad – 2
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Asafoetida – A pinch
Garam masala – 2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Black salt – A pinch
Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Remove the kernels separately and place it in a bowl.
- Heat the skillet.
- Apply ghee on masala papad and roast it on one side.
- Once it turns golden brown, turn it upside down and roast it on the other side too.
- Crush it into pieces.
- Sprinkle all the powder ingredients and crushed papad to the sweet corn and mix well.
- Then add lemon juice and chopped tomatoes to it.
- Finally add ghee and mix.
- Heat it for five minutes and serve hot.