Paneer Butter Masala is a North Indian recipe that is used as a side dish for Naan, rumali roti, Chappathi. The soft paneer chunks in a rich tomato based gravy. I love this gravy a lot. Whenever I go to the restaurant with my dad, I order for this. Suddenly I thought why can’t I try making this recipe and it came out well.
Onions – 2
Tomatoes – 4
Ginger-garlic paste- 2 tsp
Butter- 4 tbsp
Chilli powder- 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – A pinch
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Milk- 1/2 cup
Curd- 2 tbsp
Cilantro – few
- Cut the paneer into cubes and soak it in warm water. This will make the paneer spongy.
- Make Tomato puree ,onion paste,ginger-garlic paste and keep them separately.
- In a kadai, add butter and fry the onion paste, ginger-garlic paste till brown.
- Now add the tomato puree and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add chiili powder,turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, coriander powder, mix well and saute them for 5 minutes.
- Now add milk and curd along with the paneer and cook for ten minutes.
- Finally garnish it with cilantro.
- Serve with Naan/Roti.