Masaal is a very good side dish for Chappathi and puri. It is a famous South-Indian gravy. My brother and I loved it a lot. The consistency for Chappathi and puri is slightly watery and the consistency for Dosa is thick. When this is stuffed in the Dosa, it is masaal dosai which is a famous tiffin item in South India.
Onion – 2
Ginger- 1 inch chopped
Green chillies – 4
Curry leaves – few
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
urad dhal – 1 tsp
Channa dhal – 1 tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt- As required
Turmeric powder- A pinch
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Pressure cook the potatoes.
- Chop the onions, green chillies and ginger.
- In a pressure pan, add 2 tbsp oil and splutter mustard seeds, urad dhal, channa dhal and curry leaves.
- Saute onions and green chillies till it is transparent.
- Now add the cooked potatoes and add salt, turmeric powder and water..
- Allow it to cook for five minutes and turn of the stove.
- Garnish with Cilantro and add 1 tsp lemon juice.